The following subclasses of GattCharacteristic are modified to have variable
The following subclasses of GattCharacteristic now have fixed length by passing
false as the last parameter to the GattCharacteristic constructore:
Previously the concepts of initLength and lenth were clearly separated.
However, this was at the cost of registering all characteristics in the
SoftDevice as having variable length. Clearly, this is not the desired
behaviour. Therefore, an additional field '_hasVariableLen' is added to the
GattAttribute to address the problem. Also, the GattAttribute and
GattCharacteristic constructors have been modified to take a boolean that
In previous versions of BLE_API the GattCharacteristic initLen parameter is
named minLen as well. When the characteristic is committed to the SoftDevice
the value of initial length is also used as the minimum length of the
characteristic value. Furthermore, the test (max_length == min_length) is used
to determine whether the characteristic value has variable length. This is
slightly confusing and also causes problems if the user wishes to use a
characteristic with variable length but the initial lenght is equal to max
To solve this problem the characteristic is now always committed to the
SoftDevice as variable. Furthermore, the API only maintains the current lenght
and the max length i.e. the field initialLen in the GattAttribute is removed.
Finally, the constructor for the GattCharacteristic was modified to reflect
* This change requires updates to ble-nrf51822.
* Ideally we would like the characteristics to be declared as 'variable' only
when necessary, but this requires changing the signature of the
GattCharacteristic and GattAttribute constructures. Therefore, it will be part
of a separate pull request.
* Improvements to CallChainOfFunctionPointerswithContext:
- add a `detach` function to be able to remove callbacks.
- detach function now return true if a function has been detached and
- add a function call operator.
- use safe-bool idiom. see : http://www.artima.com/cppsource/safebool.html
* Add SafeBool class which allow to easily declare a safe bool operator in
* Improvements to FunctionPointerWithContext:
- fix call propagation
- use safe bool idiom
* Add config file for generating Doxygen.
* Setup for onRadioNotification callback does not call initRadioNotification
* GapAdvertisementData now handles replacement and appending of data fields
based on type. Some fields can be replaced with new values, and others
require the payload to be appended.