More specifically, the build system now uses the semantic versioning meta-data
held in module.json to define a major.minor.patch version. Additionally, is the branch
being compiled is *not* the master branch, the version is appended with <branchname><githash>.
- Updates to CMake files to expose this to the micro:bit runtime code.
- Addition of uBit.systemVersion() to expose this to application code.
- Displaying of version string over serial if MICROBIT_DBG is enabled.
- Distribution of version string over BLE via the firmware revision characteristic.
First functionally complete BLE profile, matching BLE speicfication v1.6.
More specifically, the following services are now functional:
Also, updates to underlying device drivers to enable greater configurability:
- MicroBitCompass now supports variable sample rates and temperature sensing
- MicroBitAccelerometer now supports variable sample rates and ranges
- MicroBitThermometer introduced
- MicroBitMessageBus adapted to permit enumeration and block removal of listeners
Finally, MicroBit DFU Service has been changed to the new UUIDs specificed in v1.6 of BLE spec.
A header file containing custom configuration options for the microbit:runtime can
now be defined through a yotaa configuration option.
For example, including the following inside a top level config.json file
will load configuration options from a file called "MicroBitCustomConfig.h" that is stored
alongside an application's main.cpp. Any options defined there will override the defaults
defined in microbit-dal/inc/MicroBitConfig.h :
"configfile" : "source/MicroBitCustomConfig.h"